Do you live in Chicago and you feel like needing professional assistance and consultation from auto accident attorney Chicago? In the event that you or your loved ones have been involved in a traffic incident that may or may not result in damage and injuries, you will need a professional legal representative. You probably think that hiring a professional legal service will cost you. Well, you definitely will but there are some great reasons for it – and you can enjoy the perks later on.
The Legal Assistance
Having a professional auto accident attorney Chicago has its own perks because you are given some advantages of the knowledge and experience of the doer. The professional lawyer can provide you with information and insight of what to do and what not to do. For instance, when there is a car accident and you don’t really know what the kinds of advantages you can get from contacting your lawyers, you can consult your lawyer. The lawyer won’t only defend you in the court of law but they can also provide assistance in supporting and accompanying you. They will provide you with the information or advice of what and what not to do.
After all, most auto accident lawyers are responsible in managing their cases and dealing with the insurance companies – most of the times. Do they have the knowledge of what the process will be? Yes, they do. Do they have the insight and familiarity of how to go through with the arrangement? Yes, they most likely do. Can they give you advice, suggestions, and ideas of what to do – and what to avoid? They are the best source for such kind of information. In the end, the professional auto accident attorney Chicago won’t only help you with the case, but they also provide moral support and mental encouragement.
How to Deal with the Insurance Company
Dealing with the insurance company can be a bit complicated, tricky, and confusing – it is their nature to be complex and confusing. Here’s the deal: you are involved in an auto accident and the incident is completely not your fault. So, it is only logical that you are considered eligible for compensation. However, the tricky part is: insurance companies don’t really like spending money. They like making money and profits but spending it…well, that’s not their best scheme. And to make sure that they won’t easily spend money, they will do different kinds of schemes and methods. After all, they really like making profits rather than fulfilling their clients’ needs or fulfilling their obligations. So, if you are involved in a car crash, don’t expect to get the money easily.
It would be wise to always consult your auto accident attorney Chicago whenever you want to deal with these insurance companies but keep in mind to always keep your lawyer updated so they know what to do next and they can make any counter action. If you want to succeed in dealing with the insurance company, make sure that you do these things:
- Contact them right away when accident happens. No matter how minor or small the incident is, always report it to them so they can make a note and report about it. Failure in reporting your incident may lead to your claim being rejected or refused.
- Once you contact them, it is highly likely that conversation about the settlement offer or such thing alike will take place. Write down the details. Or better yet, record the conversation if you can. If you can’t, have someone else with you so there is someone’s else account and witness that can support your claim.
- Be completely honest and straightforward with them. Don’t hide anything. Tell them what you see, hear, or feel when it happens.
And here are some of the things you should have never done when you are dealing with your insurance company:
- Admitting that you have a role in the accident – whether you are fully or partially responsible for the incident. Tell them the facts and discuss this fact with your auto accident attorney Chicago. Sometimes what you think and the real truth are two different things. That’s why you always need to consult and discuss things with your lawyer.
- Immediately take the first offer that has been set by the insurance company. They are known to offer the lowball settlement which means that they offer only a small amount of money that won’t be enough to cover your expenses.
- Sign anything. You are just trying to recover from the shock and probably the pain after the incident and they are giving you something to sign. It would be easy to get confused and hazy about everything so you may sign it without suspecting anything. Never ever do it. If your lawyer is present at the accident scene, ask and consult them first.
It doesn’t mean that all insurance companies would be playing dirty tricks just to keep their money stay in their pocket; it’s just that you should be really careful and aware of what is going on around you. Considering that insurance companies don’t want to lose a lot of things, it would be wise to get prepared for the worst. And this is one of the major reasons why you should have a professional auto accident attorney Chicago on your side – to provide insight and steer you to the right path.
In the end, it doesn’t mean that all insurance companies would trick you to do something low or disgraceful but keep in mind that they have loads of methods and ways to misguide and mislead innocent victims. If you have a help from a professional lawyer, you don’t need to worry about anything as these lawyers have been familiar with the way insurance companies work and operate. It is also imperative to have someone that you can trust; that’s why you should carefully choose the correct auto accident attorney Chicago that can help you with everything – including with the complication with the insurance company.