There are basically lots and lots of programs related to car donation Maryland. Each of them is dedicated to support a certain cause and social focus. Some charities are highlighting poor people and the homeless, while the others are focusing on the kids and education. Some are supporting entertainment and education while the others are trying to help the disabled veterans. When we are talking about charities and causes, it would be an endless topic. However, it is only important that you should be able to choose the trusted, reliable, and honest charity that is truly dedicating themselves to social work – and not using the donors’ money to enrich themselves.
Car Donation Maryland: Cross out the Scams
You probably think that you are doing goods for others but often times people make uneducated choices and decisions about the organization – simply by being too trusting. Well, it’s okay if you believe that everyone is an angel and they have only the best intention. But reality can kill – it is quite heartbreaking to know that there are actually greedy and mischievous people out there that will only use you. If you want to participate in any car donation Maryland charity, make sure that you only choose the legit and legal one with a sole purpose of helping out others – not only enriching themselves.
Several times back, the police has managed to reveal the charity scam operations – can you believe that it is not one or two, but many? – where the money is mostly going to the administrators’ pockets. They claim that the 99% of the proceeds are going for the administrative fee while the 1% is channeled for the social work. Having such a huge percentage for administrative work only doesn’t make any sense because there is no such a thing like that.
So, how do you spot a trusted car donation Maryland charity and avoid the scams? Here are some handy tips to help you get going:
- First of all, make sure that you really understand what the charity fights for and what cause they are supporting. And see the real result. The easiest example is to look at their work on your local area. If you are going to your local charity, for instance, and you see that they have made some improvements or some quality of lives have been increased, then their work is legit. Any scam operation would say that they support this or that without really showing a real result. They are mostly about talk; not doing the real deal.
- It doesn’t hurt if you can do your own research and investigation. Check their background. Find out what they have done for the surrounding community. Find out who they have helped. Such small details are often overlooked by people but you know better, right?
- Ask them the right questions, such as the percentage of the proceeds or the process of managing the proceeds. Legit and trusted charities won’t mind with such a question – they would even encourage it because they will see it as a mean to prove themselves to the world and the public. Since they are doing an honest work, they have nothing to hide. They would be open and transparent. This is the kind of quality you are looking for from a charity.
- You want to find a charity that channels at least 60% to 75% of their proceeds to the community and people who need it. If the charity only channels less than 40%, walk away. Even when they say that the remaining percentage is for the so-called ‘administrative fee’, you should know better. The percentage for the social proceeds should be bigger than the administrative fee; not the other way around. Just use your mind and your wit.
- Observe what they are doing. Legit charities shouldn’t being any suspicious or illegal acts. They should be open and transparent. They have the documents, written proof, and such thing alike – not only their words and their explanations. Be wary if they can’t show you any of the documentations.
- Believe in your gut. In most cases, trusting your gut is better than anything else. The body has its own system and mechanism to warn your conscious mind that something isn’t right. Trust your gut and simply walk away when you find something annoying or not fit to your requirements. Remember, you are the donor. You have the right to decide to whom you will donate your vehicle. Don’t let anyone dictate you. You are not obligated to donate your vehicle if you don’t feel like it.
Car Donation Maryland: Fighting for Animals
Charities aren’t only designed and set up for humans; some of the car donation Maryland programs are intended for animals. You would be surprised to know that there are so many homeless animals. Such charities like the SPCA Maryland will manage the proceeds to take care of the homeless dogs and cats. If you are animal lovers and you live in Maryland, it doesn’t hurt to alternate your donation activities. Sure, you can always support your ‘human’ causes or such a thing but it doesn’t hurt to support the animals rights either.
If you have a vehicle that only sits on your property and you don’t have the intention to use it anymore, why not doing good things for these animals? These furry human friends also need shelter, foods, and protections – just like humans. If you are willing to help your human fellows, why not helping your animal friends? Go check out for more info and details about the charities for animals – you won’t regret it at all.
In the end, doing good deeds for others is good for your heart, your conscious, and your soul. Whether you are doing the good deeds for humans or animals, does it really matter? What’s important is that you know the procedures, you know the exact cause you are supporting, and you know where your money will end up. Choose the right car donation Maryland charity carefully and wisely – and you will not regret a single thing.