If you seriously want to do something for others, the car donation San Jose program can be one of the many alternatives. Doing social work and good deeds will never hurt anyone, especially if it comes from a good will and a pure intention. Some people may donate money on the monthly basis; others may donate their time and energy. Some may donate household items while the others have unused vehicles that they can give away. People have different preference and ways to help the other less fortunate people and if you have the vehicle you are thinking about discarding back home, it is time to take a role.
Car Donation San Jose: The Crucial Considerations
You want all of your efforts and donations to be worth something, right? You want your donation to have a direct impact and meaning to the ones getting the help. Unfortunately, not all people are straight honest and trustworthy. Some even take advantage of the people’s compassion for their own benefits. There have been some charities being inspected, leading to their activities being shut down by the police, simply because they aren’t channeling the money to the rightful subjects. Instead of helping others, they use the money themselves. These kinds of things are usually running local because they mostly think that no one would suspect their activities.
In most cases, they would only give out 1% to the social fields and programs, while the remaining 99% are split between the members of the charities. Some charities are even enriching their top leader management, while the lower staffs remain clueless about the whole thing. They thought that they are actually helping others, while in reality, only less than 5% of the proceeds were channeled to the needs and the rest was going to the top leaders’ pockets. So, if you really want to do something – you are thinking about making an impact in people’s lives or improving their way of life to the better condition – it is only crucial that you choose the trustworthy and reliable car donation San Jose program. Make sure that they have real and legit program. Make sure that they DO channel the money to the people in need – not into their own needy pockets.
So, how do you spot a trusted and reliable car donation San Jose charity? There are thousands of them out there. Spotting the really trusted one can be quite a hassle.
- They have clear and obvious programs. A charity may have two or three programs where each of them is intended for different purposes. You should be able to see the real impacts of their work. They should also keep the data of their own achievement. Let’s say that a charity is focusing on education and health. What have they done to improve the quality of those two fields? What are the data of their achievement? How does it affect the surrounding environment or the community where they are serving?
- They are open, welcoming, and transparent. Since they are doing a real social work, they won’t be afraid to admit it and show the proof. As a donor (or the one who will be a donor), you have the right to ask them the solid proof of their work. If they are running a legit operation, they will keep data, documents, and such thing alike. They won’t hide anything. They would be open and transparent – and even willing to show you the proof without you having to ask them to. In some charities, they may take you to the community they are supporting and let you talk to the people they are helping. It is one gesture to show donors that their roles in donating are crucial and the money is well spent.
- Whatever they do has a significant impact to the community or society they are supporting. You should be able to see some improvements in the area they are focusing on. For instance, if they support education, you should be able to see the differences of now and then. Don’t be afraid to do your own research and make a comparison. It is possible that the education in the area was far left behind but now they are catching up and the numbers of dropouts have been reduced. Such things may be small but they are super important.
Car Donation San Jose: Make A Wish
There are a lot of trusted and credible car donation San Jose charities and programs out there and the Make A Wish is one of them. In fact, if you want to know more about this charity running its operation in San Jose, you will be surprised to know that more than six thousand wishes have been fulfilled and granted. Isn’t that neat? Operating in the Greater Bay Area, this foundation has been running for a while, and its Wheels for Wishes program have been able to generate money to help supporting their cause. Not only located in San Jose, this program has been implementing work in other areas in California, including Morgan Hills, Los Gatos, Fremont, San Carlos, and other areas.
Naturally, there are some perks you can expect from the car donation San Jose programs, such as:
- Easy and simple arrangement for the donation, including pick up, paper work, and also tax deduction receipt.
- Free towing service, including the free pick up. Whether your ride is running or not, you can still enjoy the benefits of getting it towed in all areas in California, including Santa Rosa
- Full money channeling to the social works and causes to fulfill these kids’ wishes. Since it is a non profit organization, they can generate and channel at least 85% of the proceeds to the needy – after the administrative fee and such thing alike.
- Professional arrangement. Everyone involved in the program are truly professional, friendly, and expert in their own field. Your donation is taken care well – it is in a good hand.
In most cases, be sure that you are donating your money to the real and worthy foundation. Only if you have done it right concerning the car donation San Jose charity that you choose, you can make a significant changes and direct impact to those people in need.